We’d all like to live in world where everyone respects other each other’s property. A place where robberies are the exception rather than the norm, and you could happily leave your door unlocked at any time of the day or night. But unless you’ve access to a time machine that can transport you back to the 1950s, this simply isn’t the case anymore.
And that’s why so many people now choose to install a home CCTV camera as an added level of security for their home.
Or, actually… Is that the only reason?
Because it appears that such a security feature not only guards against crime, but brings with it a multitude of other advantages. So let’s take a look at some of the top reasons why CCTV is, for many, becoming a must-have feature within the home.
- Looking after a family member: With increasing numbers of us housing an elderly family member (or being responsible for them in their own property) a home CCTV camera means you can monitor them remotely. And being as most of us are at work for at least some of the day, this really can provide incredible peace of mind, and even be life-saving in the case of an accident or fall.
- Who’s that knocking at the door: It’s a brave person who swings their door wide open to an unknown caller. Being able to see who’s ringing the bell from wherever you are in the house is a great feature. Plus if you want to ignore them, they won’t even be aware that you’ve clocked who they are – unlike using a peephole that means you have to approach the door to see who’s out there.
- Holiday security: When you’re away it gives real peace of mind to be able to check in on your property. A CCTV camera can be linked to your alarm system so that it only records data when it’s triggered, or it can have a motion sensor that starts recording when it detects movement. And, of course, this isn’t only useful when you’re away for an extended period of time, as it’s a great tool for any time that you’re not at home.
- Keep a beady eye on the kids: CCTV is the ultimate baby monitor, allowing you to keep an eye on your little treasures wherever you might be in the house. And for older kids it means that you really can have those much-needed eyes in the back of your head, making sure they don’t get up to antics that might cause them harm (or prevent them from drawing all over the wall in that newly decorated bedroom…)
- Forget the night terrors: For anyone who’s ever been woken up in the night by a strange noise downstairs, you’ll appreciate the ability of being able to check all is safe from the cosy comfort beneath the covers. Should the worst occur, and there really is an intruder in the house, you can simply call 000 from the safety of your room.
- Check up on Fido: Because who doesn’t worry about their pets when they’re not at home? CCTV allows you to be a peeping tom into their antics (although don’t be too upset when you realise that all they really do is sleep…)
- Make sure paid help is doing their job: OK, so it shouldn’t be necessary to check up on house sitters, cleaners, the pool guy, baby sitters and the like… But unfortunately there are some rogues out there who aren’t as diligent in their duties as they should be. CCTV allows you to make sure they really are doing the work you’re paying them to do.
As you can see, there are many different advantages of installing CCTV at your home, other than that it being solely a security deterrent. The key is to ensure that any such system is of good quality, provides high resolution images and is installed in the correct manner for your needs.
Crown Security have been looking after the security needs of home owners in Perth and the wider region for over 25 years. They work with you to ensure that any such system provides exactly what you expect it to do, and carry out all installation at minimal disruption to you. To find out how home CCTV can enhance your life give their expert team a call on 08 9400 6000 for more information.
- Posted by admin
- On 12/09/2019