Everyone loves going to the movies.
What could be nicer than getting together with a couple of friends, settling back into a deep, comfortable seat, dipping into a big box of warm, fresh popcorn, sipping on an icy cold drink and anticipating the excitement of the latest blockbuster on the big screen?
We love movies, but we don’t love all the effort involved. Finding the right movie at the right cinema which is showing at the right time, hassling about tickets, parking, digging deep into our wallets for snacks and drinks and or course, getting home afterwards can all make going to the movies somewhat of a mission.
What if there was a better way of doing things?
Home theatres are nothing new, but today’s sophisticated streaming services like Stan and Netflix, superb big-screens with crystal clear visuals, surround-sound and convenient Wifi operation have elevated the big screen home entertainment experience into something really fun and really special. And it’s never been easier either!
Have a look at our top tips for creating the ultimate home theatre experience:
- Choose the best brand you can afford for quality sound, visuals and performance. Remember, height is important and the higher the resolution of the TV, the closer you can sit to it.
- Position your speakers correctly for maximum effect. If there is sufficient space, speakers should be situated to the left and right of the seats above ear level, aimed directly at the audience. If space is limited, speakers should be positioned behind the seating area and aimed forward or you could consider a soundbar (usually a single speaker unit with a subwoofer). Remember, it’s a good idea to consult a specialist to get expert advice for optimum results.
- Go wireless for a clean, cord-free look, convenience and usability.
- Choose the right seating for comfort and good looks. Recliners are a popular choice and don’t forget side tables or holders for the all-important refreshments!
- Getting the lighting right is also crucial. You may want to consider ways of blocking out external light sources so that there isn’t a glare on the screen and have dimmer switches installed so that you can create the ideal atmosphere for watching movies or the big game.
- Acoustic panels or any other type of soundproofing on the walls and ceiling can also enhance your home theatre experience.
- Consider your floor plan so that you maximise your seating options, create a smooth room flow and minimise glare and reflections.
Creating a home theatre means you can go to the movies anytime you like – without having to rely on fixtures and timetables that don’t always suit you, without having to pay for tickets or hassling about parking, without having to stand in a queue to buy your treats or having to put up with strangers. It is WAY more fun going to the movies at home and sharing the experience with friends and family in the comfort of your own space!
There’s never been a better time to set up your home theatre either.
Technology has advanced hugely and wireless options make it easy and convenient to set up a home theatre system without necessitating any major construction or disruption. Quality devices are more affordable than ever and on-demand access to a huge variety of great content has never been easier.
If you love the idea of enjoying your favourite flicks in the comfort of your own home, then you should consider creating a home theatre. You don’t even need to have a dedicated space. With modern devices and advanced communications technology, you can set up your extra special theatre experience in your family room or al fresco – and everyone can share the amazing entertainment experience.
By consulting home theatre system installation experts like Crown Security to help with advice, planning and installation of your system, you can create an inviting, comfortable and professional movie watching environment that’ll be the envy of all.
Contact our team of experts at Crown Security on 08 9400 6000 to find out more about our quality home theatre installations in Perth.
- Posted by admin
- On 11/09/2018