A new house purchase or carrying out upgrades to your existing home is an exciting time. Yet such plans bring with them many dilemmas, including that of ensuring the property is ready to integrate with tech you’re sure to use in the coming years.
Enter the concept of smart wiring – something that we should all be considering when making any major house-related decisions.
What is Smart Wiring?
Smart wiring is the installation of structured cabling within the infrastructure of a a building. This means a variety of cables and wires being embedded within the structures of a home (in walls, beneath the floor etc) that have the ability to carry the energy and data necessary to power a variety of items. This allows building-wide access to plug-and-play points for high speed internet, multi-media items, phones, computers and more.
In addition, the best smart wiring systems take into account the likelihood of future technology needs. This means the installation of a system that can be extended if and when it’s needed. In short, it means forward thinking.
Smart Wiring Benefits: Now and in the Future
In today’s connected world there are many (many) benefits of a smart wired property. These include:
- Multiple access points for a variety of technology, including computers, chargers, entertainment, and internet.
- Home automation systems, combining assets like heating and AC, energy efficient products (LED lighting etc), automatic blinds and curtains, smart locks and more.
- An integrated home security system.
- Multi-room speaker systems and home networks.
However… Amazing as this sounds, it’s necessary to project what might be needed in years to come in order to truly ensure a future-proof smart wiring system. One only needs to consider the short amount of time it’s taken for us to routinely use products such as smart speakers and home CCTV to realise that the coming years will bring us even more technology to embrace.
Because of this it’s vital to plan smart wiring that’s ready for whatever’s to come next. Working with an experienced source will mean you can ensure:
- A suitable amount of pipes are in place within walls to insert extra wiring as and when needed.
- The insertion of a single home automation touch screen with the capacity to have extra elements added.
- The use of high speed cables (category 5 and 6) are installed.
- The importance of physical wiring, as opposed to wireless options. Only copper wires and cables have the ability to handle large digital content in a reliable manner.
The importance of discussing new build or renovation smart wiring with an expert can’t be over stated. Such accredited installers have current knowledge and be able to guide you to the solution that’ll ensure your smart wiring options really provide the future proofing you require. You only get one chance at such an investment (without costly re-working), so it pays to get it right.
Who Should I Talk to About Smart Wiring?
While the concept of smart wiring isn’t new, professional services that have the relevant experience regarding installation are still few and far between. As with any recent technology that’s becoming mainstream it’s important to choose a source that has true expertise.
WA’s residents are fortunate that they have a company that’s been at the forefront of such tech revolutions right here in Perth – Crown Security. When it comes to smart wiring there’s no better place to seek advice. And once your needs have been determined they’re able to design and install the bespoke system that guarantees you get the best outcome now, and in the future.
To find out more contact us or give us a call on 08 9400 6000.
- Posted by admin
- On 15/06/2020