Even had that nagging feeling in the pit of your belly when you lock up and leave your holiday home? Worried that despite those deadlocks and the well-meaning neighbour keeping an eye on your property, this might not be enough to deter thieves or vandals? Well, you’re certainly not alone. With over 225,000 burglaries per year in Australia (an astounding one every three minutes)* it makes sense to be concerned.
But, thankfully, with the advancements in affordable smart security, protecting this considerable asset is now easier than ever, thanks to various smart devices and the ability to monitor remotely.
The following are easy to install smart security methods that you might want to consider installing at your holiday home.
- A house alarm: An uber-wise investment, and one that can now be easily controlled even when you’re not in-situ – or even in the same state or country. Using a variety of technologically advanced means, such as infra-red motion sensors, photo electric beams, vibration sensors, glass break sensors and more, an alarm system provides you with real time notifications should there be a problem. In addition, if you choose to have 24/7 security monitoring, then any breach will be immediately assessed and the appropriate response initiated.
- CCTV: Criminals are far less likely to target a property with CCTV cameras watching their every move. These can be motion activated and linked to an app so you can view on your smartphone or computer, or have them record 24 hours a day if you choose.
- Outside security lighting: For the criminal element of society, the shadows are their friend. Motion activated lighting that illuminates the area when anyone approaches will send such shady characters fleeing to find less obvious targets.
- Indoor security lighting: Timed lighting inside the house can make the property look like it’s inhabited. You can even install curtains and/or blinds that remotely open and close at chosen times that’ll make the house appear less deserted.
- Smart locks: These are an excellent method by which you can control access to your home, plus have a log of exactly when they’re activated. If you rent out your holiday home it’s the ideal way to allow your guests to enter, as you simply create a temporary code for them to use that becomes invalid after their stay. You can also create a permanent code and even receive alerts to a phone or device any time the property is accessed. Such smart locks remove the worry that a key might be lost or copied, and you have full control over access and egress at all times.
Such locks can be applied to all entry points to a property, such as back or side door, garage, or electric drive gateway, ensuring the ultimate in lock security for the whole property.
Smart tech is advancing all the time, making such options easy to install and truly affordable. For a holiday home that might not have an online connection or fixed phone line all of these options can be installed and utilised via a dedicated mobile connection. Not only does this give you access via your smart phone wherever you might be, but you don’t have to worry about power outages leaving your holiday home vulnerable.
Perth security experts, Crown Security, are the go-to provider for the very latest smart technology to protect any holiday home – or indeed, your prime residence as well. Their friendly team will advise on all systems and options available, as well as the most affordable and appropriate options that’ll keep your property safe and secure. In addition, it’s not necessary to fit everything in a single go, as systems can be added to and upgraded as and when you’re ready.
- Posted by admin
- On 10/12/2019