A ducted vacuum, sometimes called a central vacuum, is system by where you can forever ditch the bane of dragging a portable machine around the house, instead taking advantage of a simple system that’s integrated within the building itself.
Sounds complicated? Actually, it’s not at all, and is something that can easily be fitted to a house as it’s being built or retro-fitted to pretty much any existing property.
The following provides all you need to know about a ducted vacuum system and 7 great reasons as to why it’s such a smart investment for your home.
- Super cost-effective: Portable vacuum cleaners are, let’s face it, expensive and lacking in longevity. No matter what brand you purchase, they only last a few years and can represent a significant purchase, along with the aggro of having to replace bags, filters, or continual emptying of the small reservoir. A ducted vacuum, on the other hand, is a lifetime purchase, needs only basic maintenance and is, year-on-year, directly cheaper to run.
- Ease of use: No cables, no changing of bags or filters, no hauling a portable around the house, lightweight… Quite simply, it turns the drudge of regular hoovering into – ok, maybe not quite a joy – but certainly as painless and easy as it can possibly be. Of course, it also does away with trailing power cables and those oh-so-annoying-moments when you get to the end of the lead length and have to turn off, unplug, move the machine, re-plug and start all over again…
- Proven to reduce allergens: Thanks to removing the dust, dirt, pollens and other allergens out of the house and into wherever the main power unit and debris tank is located (typically in the garage or basement), the air within the house is cleaner than if you use a portable cleaner. The reason for this is that the exhaust system of a regular vacuum pumps allergens and microscopic dust out of the exhaust and back into the house. With a ducted vacuum they’re removed from the home completely*.
- Cleans more thoroughly: A ducted vacuum is up to three times more powerful than a portable. This means they don’t simply skim the surface of the carpets but penetrate much deeper to remove dirt right down to the base.
- The sound of silence: Well, not completely silent, but a central system is way, way quieter than the noise of a regular portable. This is because most of the noise comes from the motor, safely tucked away in the garage or basement – meaning you can wave goodbye to grumbling and dirty looks when someone’s trying to watch the TV or is on the phone while you’re doing the household chores.
- Can be fitted to any home: It’s a misconception that such a system can only be integrated into a new build, as pretty much any house standing can have them fitted. It doesn’t involve massive works either, as pipes are fed into the house using existing spaces such as an attic, crawlspace or basement, with only a single hole necessary that’s then discreetly covered with an inlet backing plate.
- Increases the value of your home: Smart homes are increasingly sought after by purchasers. With systems generally lasting a decade or more before needing any major accessory replacement or maintenance such a system is a real selling point.
Imagine – a world where you never again have to haul that dratted vacuum cleaner up the stairs. With a ducted vacuum that becomes reality – a truly simple solution to breezing through household chores, leaving more time to get on with the more important things in life, like spending time with your family.
Perth commercial and residential security and smart appliance experts, Crown Security, provide the ultimate in ducted vacuum systems – and it really is less complicated than you think. Discover how easy it is to easily install a ducted vacuum into a new build or existing home, and other integrated household solutions by giving our friendly team a call on 08 9400 6000.
- Posted by admin
- On November 30, 2019
- 0 Comments