Car theft is rife in Australia, with the latest eye-watering statistics* stating that a vehicle is stolen every 10 minutes. For car dealers this is a huge concern, with even the most modest dealership having a large amount of money tied up in merchandise. Add in the fact that many vehicles are stored outside on a forecourt, not to mention the ever-present threat of gang or organised car theft, and the need for security cameras to protect business assets becomes virtually essential.
Advances in technology mean that there are camera options to suit businesses of all sizes – from the one-man band who only keeps a few vehicles on site to main dealers with a plethora of cars on show at any one time.
Why every car dealership needs security cameras
While the area where your cars are parked should, ideally, be extremely well lit, this isn’t enough of a deterrent when it comes to items of high value. Security cameras provide multiple advantages, not only in protecting the vehicles but to the business as a whole.
- Protection from theft: The biggest worry for a car dealership is that of car theft, both from organised crime and individuals. Professional thieves specifically target with the intention to steal particular models, or even to liberate a large number of vehicles in a single swoop. The mere presence of security cameras can be a huge deterrent to both organised crime and the opportunist.
- Help deter other crimes: Such as damage to your vehicles or property. If you have security staff on site they can incorporate the use of cameras into their regime, so making their role even more effective.
- Increase the safety of staff and customers: The welfare of everyone on the property is of paramount importance. Camera monitoring is an effective aid to help increase the safety of all on-site.
The security cameras of today offer superior monitoring that can be accessed remotely from anywhere with an internet connection. The ability to view in real time makes round-the-clock video surveillance simple to integrate into any business model.
Advanced security systems to suit all properties
It’s vital to have a system that views the entire property, not to mention capturing high quality images. Systems on offer from Perth-based Crown Security provide the following advantages that can be utilised to create a bespoke camera system:
- Motion activated sensors
- The ability to store massive amounts of footage
- Unparalleled HD visual quality thanks to high resolution and low light capabilities
- Pan, tilt and zoom camera movements to ensure no part of the dealership is left uncovered
- Full integration into any IT system
- Remote access and control via any authorised computer, tablet or smartphone
- Alert systems via email, to a mobile device or smart item should there be a potential problem
- The ability to add further cameras or technology as is necessary.
It’s also possible to ringfence a dealership with wired or wireless infrared beams or sensors to create a virtual wall. If triggered, the cameras will begin to record and an alert sent via the preferred method. This effectively detects the likelihood of criminal activity before it even occurs.
Such bespoke systems can be designed to protect any size of dealership, including those with multiple locations to ensure the same level of protection from site to site.
The friendly team here at Perth’s Crown Security have been securing the region’s businesses for the last 25 years, offering the latest in commercial security technology to ensure maximum safety. To discover how we can do the same for your car dealership or company premises, give us a call on 08 9400 6000
- Posted by admin
- On 14/11/2019