Child care centres need to present a welcoming environment for their charges and parents, yet operate staunch security to ensure the safety of all inside. With both legal and moral obligations towards the kids for whom they’re responsible, the following are some of the most advanced security methods to guard against access by those who don’t have a reason to enter the premises.
- Access control: From the simplest of control systems for a single door, through to that of multiple access and egress – including gateways – this is an effective method to prevent unauthorised access. Entry can be granted by means of security cards, key fobs, keypad entry or even a fingerprint system. With the ability to generate multiple codes, it then makes it an easy task to immediately revoke access to a person who no longer needs to enter.
- Video entry system: An alternative or addition to access control is that of a manned reception or office with a video link so a staff member can open the door for entry. The ultimate in secure access control allows staff entry using an access control system as above, and then the use of video entry for children, their parents, carers and anyone else who needs to enter the location.
- CCTV: The advantage of having ‘eyes everywhere’ can’t be over-estimated. The use of high resolution CCTV cameras located inside and outside allows for the best monitoring of children, staff and visitors. There are also options that allow parents the facility to view the videos over the internet, so seeing their child whilst at play.
- Window locks: Of course, there are other ways of entering a facility besides that of doors and gateways. Windows should be firmly secured, and there’s no better way to do this than by that of smart window locks. This allows for remote locking and unlocking, and the ability to know if any window has been breached with an immediate alert to a computer or smart device. In addition, such alarms can also detect a breakage or, with the use of strategic sensors, can send a warning should any unauthorised person being too close or lurking around outside.
- Commercial security alarm system: These are the core of any business security, with the layout of the centre determining the configuration that effectively meets security needs. Even if a centre has an alarm fitted, unless it’s been installed very recently then it’s highly likely that technology has a more appropriate and advanced option available. Calling on the services of a professional company, such as Perth-based Crown Security, to provide an up-to-date overhaul and advice on any upgrades will ensure very best protection of the premises.
Solutions for big and small
Even the smallest of child care facilities, such as those run in-home, can take full advantage of the latest in technology to provide a secure location. The advancement of technology means that entrances can be secured by devices such as doorbell cameras, allowing owners and staff to view who’s outside before opening a door, and CCTV is more affordable than ever.
Parents and carers looking for a facility that they can trust with looking after the most precious person in their lives will naturally be concerned about the security of a child care facility. Using advanced options such as CCTV, access control, video entry and more provides peace of mind not only for them but for staff and teachers as well.
To discover how childcare centres small and large can easily integrate the very latest security essentials into their particular setup, give the friendly expert team at Crown Security a call on 08 9400 6000 or contact us for more information.
- Posted by admin
- On 02/05/2020