Commercial security systems come in all guises. Thanks to the technological advances we’ve enjoyed over recent years, the installation of such a commodity is no longer solely the realm of large corporations. Even the smallest of businesses can benefit from fitting such apparatus.
From a simple linked camera and alarm through to an all-singing, all-dancing location-linked system, all commercial premises should consider the very many advantages of installing a commercial security system.
- Deter crime from occurring: The very act of having a security system in place is a great deterrent. Thieves and vandals like to work undetected. Being caught on camera is definitely not on their radar, and neither is the thought of setting off a security alarm and drawing undue attention to themselves. Add in motion-sensor lighting and you’ve got all the elements to make would-be wrongdoers look elsewhere for easier spoils. In addition to having such devices in place, clear signage telling all and sundry that they’re in place adds yet another layer to this proactive approach to crime prevention.
- Help police investigations: if a crime does occur then a system that records perpetrators in full HD glory is a valuable tool for the police. In addition to allowing officials to perhaps identify and therefore convict said crims, the footage is also exactly what you need to process your insurance claim.
- Increase worker safety: CCTV isn’t just about preventing theft and damage, it’s also about providing a safe environment for your employees to work. Not only can it help ensure that only authorised personnel are on-site, but being on camera can also play a role in reducing (or proving) instances of bullying or harassment.
- Monitor visitors: Knowing who’s on your premises at any time is hugely advantageous. You can track footfall and use the data to determine other valuable information, including visitor trends, behaviours, and act as proof should an incident occur. Both CCTV and access control systems are excellent elements – either on their own or as co-components of a commercial security system.
- Visitor and staff identification: Strategically placed cameras at access and egress points, car parking areas, gates and restricted areas allows business owners and security teams to identify who’s coming and going.
- Improve productivity: Security cameras can monitor day-to-day activities, allowing managers/owners to identify areas that need improving. For instance, do you have staff who regularly take over their allotted breaks? Perhaps the storeroom is set out in a way that it takes forever to find required items or staff are regularly carrying out duties that aren’t really necessary. Whatever it is, the valuable footage captured on CCTV is a great tool for increasing staff productivity.
- Reduce internal (employee) theft: Sadly, employee theft is an all too common occurrence. However, knowing their actions will be caught on camera is a simple but very effective way or reducing or eliminating it altogether.
Crown Security Install Commercial Security Systems to Suit all Budgets
The installation of a commercial security system has many immediate beneficial effects. Utilising the advanced tech of today it’s possible for even the smallest of businesses to take full advantage. Perth-based provider, Crown Security, is the go-to security expert for business owners who’re looking for a combination of high quality and value for money.
Their professionals have been looking after the security concerns of WA businesses for decades and work with you to determine the ultimate solution. To find out more visit
- Posted by admin
- On 30/06/2020